Programs and Services
Peer Support Group
The society has numerous self-help groups throughout Manitoba. These support groups assist consumers, family members and friends. The ‘Peer Support’ group helps people living with schizophrenia through methods of empowerment, education and recovery.
Our Peer Support Group Offers:
- a place that's safe, caring and empathetic
- a place valuing confidentiality
- a place where your personal journey is honored
- a place to learn from others
- a place where you are viewed not as someone with an illness, but as a person
- a place to talk about your feelings and emotions
- a place of hope and recovery
- a place to ask questions
If you have any questions about the group call Karen Kaplen, Program Coordinator.
She can be reached at 204-786-1616
She is also available for one-on-one consultations.